PTI Plans Motorway Closure in Swabi for Protest

Picture of Sameer

Sameer

PTI Plans Motorway Closure in Swabi for Protest

The opposition party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has declared that it will shut down the Swabi Motorway on December 1, 2025, as part of a one-day demonstration demanding the release of party founder Imran Khan.

PTI leader Ahmed Khan Niazi announced that a large protest rally will begin from the Peshawar Motorway on December 1 and move toward Swabi, where the main gathering will take place under his leadership.

Niazi said the protest is not only aimed at blocking the motorway but also to pressure authorities into allowing a court-approved meeting with Imran Khan and securing his release. PTI insists the charges against its founder are politically motivated.

He added that the demonstration would remain peaceful and that party workers have been told strictly not to violate the law.

Earlier this week, Adiala jail officials confirmed that the incarcerated former prime minister remains in Rawalpindi jail, dismissing widespread social media rumors that he had been secretly moved or had died in custody.

The clarification came after multiple India-linked social media accounts circulated unfounded claims that Khan’s health had deteriorated and that his death was being concealed, creating panic and forcing many PTI supporters and families to seek confirmation.

However, PTI spokesperson Syed Zulfiqar Bukhari responded that the denial did not address the main issue—that Imran Khan’s family was still being denied visitation rights despite court orders. He alleged that Khan had been held in solitary confinement for six weeks. PTI has now announced the protest to pressure authorities to allow meetings between Imran Khan, his family, and party leaders.

Also Read: Punjab Prison Authorities Confirm Imran Khan Maintains Good Health

Related News

Trending

Recent News

Type to Search