Type to search


London-To-New York Passport-Less Traveler Re-Arrested

London-to-New York passport-less traveler re-arrested

In London, a 46-year-old man, Craig Sturt, who had previously made headlines for allegedly traveling from London to New York without a ticket or passport, has been arrested once again. The apprehension took place in Richmond, situated in south-west London, on Monday, and the charges include suspicion of failing to attend a court hearing.

The Metropolitan Police verified that Sturt failed to appear for a scheduled hearing at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court, which was set for January. This incident comes after Sturt’s initial arrest on Christmas Day when he returned to London from a flight originating in New York. Despite the previous arrest, he failed to attend the court hearing related to the case.

Read more: Visa-Free Entry Declared By Another African Nation

Scotland Yard disclosed additional details, revealing that the suspect, who is from Slough, Berkshire, is facing charges related to obtaining services by deception, trespassing airside without authorization, and unlawfully boarding an aircraft.

The unusual nature of the case stems from Sturt’s ability to navigate security checkpoints and passport control at Heathrow Airport without presenting any documentation before boarding a British Airways flight on December 23. Upon arrival at JFK airport, he was intercepted and sent back to the UK, where he faced arrest and accusations of fraud and offenses under the Aviation Security Act.

Court records indicate that Sturt admitted to the charges during the proceedings at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court. British Airways, in response to the incident, issued a statement expressing their cooperation with the authorities in the ongoing investigation. Likewise, a spokesperson for Heathrow Airport commented, stating, “All individuals accessing airside areas undergo security screening, including the individual involved in this incident. We are assisting the authorities with their ongoing inquiry.”

Following his recent arrest, Craig Sturt remains detained at a London police station, awaiting further legal proceedings. The peculiar circumstances surrounding his travel and subsequent legal entanglements have raised questions about airport security protocols and the efficacy of existing measures in preventing unauthorized access to airside areas.